City of Fairview Heights
COMPACT TRACT LOADER
The City of Fairview Heights, IL is accepting sealed bids for a Compact Tract Loader. Specifications may be picked up from the City Clerk's Office. All bids shall be returned in a sealed envelope with the name and address of the bidder and marked "BID PROPOSAL - COMPACT TRACT LOADER" on the envelope. The envelope must be marked to the attention of the Finance Committee - c/o City Clerk, 10025 Bunkum Road, Fairview Heights, IL 62208. ANY SEALED ENVELOPE NOT MARKED AS DESIGNATED ABOVE, WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS A BID. All bids must be received prior to 11:00 A.M. on August 4, 2014 and will be opened in a public meeting immediately following. The City reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any irregularities in the bidding procedure. NO FAX COPIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. Additional information may be obtained by contacting the Parks & Recreation Department, (618) 489-2040, 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDER - COMPACT TRACT LOADER
Bids, subject to the “Instructions and General Conditions of Bidding” listed below and any special conditions set forth herein, will be received via United States postal service, commercial delivery company, or hand deliver to the front desk of Fairview Heights City Hall 10025 Bunkum Road, Fairview Heights, IL 62208 and must be marked Attn: City Clerk’s Office until the date listed on the “Notice to Bid”, for furnishing the equipment as shown on the attached sheets. Bids shall include all charges for delivery to the Maintenance Facility, 550 Wilcox Street, Fairview Heights, IL 62208-2613. The City reserves the right to reject any or all bids, waive informalities in the bidding, and accept the bid deemed to be in the best interest of the City.
General Conditions of Bidding
1. Bidders must use the bid form provided for that purpose when submitting bids, must return the announcement and bid sheet(s) comprising this bid, give unit price, extended totals (if applicable) and sign the bid. Identify your bid on the envelope by project and submittal deadline. ONE BID PER ENVELOPE. If you are not interested in submitting a Bid Proposal and in order to better utilize our city resources, please return bid sheets and note your reason for NO BID.
2. Whenever products or materials or any particular producer or manufacturer are mentioned in our specifications, such product or material mentioned is intended to be descriptive of type or quality and not restrictive to those mentioned.
3. Do not include Federal Excise Tax or Sales and Use Tax in bid prices as the City is exempt from them by law.
4. The City of Fairview Heights reserves the right to cancel all or any part of orders if delivery is not made. In case of delay, the vendor must notify the City. Failure to deliver as guaranteed shall disqualify bidder from future bidding.
5. Inspection of delivery will be made at the delivery point, unless otherwise specified. Materials must be properly packaged. Damaged materials will not be accepted. Rejected material will be returned to the vendor at the vendor’s risk and expense.
6. All prices must be F.O.B. delivery point. Where a specific purchase is negotiated F.O.B. shipping point, the vendor is to pre-pay shipping charges and add them to the invoice.
7. Failure to comply with any of the instructions and general conditions of bidding will disqualify the bidder.
8. If the bidder wishes to suggest an alternate, information must be submitted separately as described in the specifications with the completed Bid Form.
9. The City of Fairview Heights expressly denies responsibility for, or ownership of, any item purchased until the same is delivered to the City and is accepted by the City Manager or his/her designee.
10. Late Bid Information: Any bid received by the City of Fairview Heights after the stated time shall not be honored by the City of Fairview Heights. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS. It is the responsibility of the bidder to ensure delivery of his bid prior to the stated bid deadline.
11. Certificate of Non-Collusion: The bidder, by offering his or her signature to this bid agrees to the following: “Bidder certifies that this bid is made without any previous understanding, agreement or connection with any person or firm, or corporation making a bid for the same items, and is in all respects fair, without outside control, collusion, fraud or otherwise illegal action”.
12. Brand Names: If and wherever in the drawings and specifications a brand name, make, name of any manufacturer, trade name, or vendor catalog number is mentioned, it is for the purpose of establishing a grade or quality of material only, since the City does not wish to rule out other competition and equal brands or makes. However, if a product other than that specified is bid, it is the vendor’s responsibility to name such product with his bid and to prove to the City that said product is equal to that specified including submitting the necessary information as described in the specifications with the completed Bid Form. The City shall be the sole judge concerning the merits of bids submitted.
13. Samples and Demonstrations: Evidence in the form of samples may be requested (where required) if the brand is other than specified. Such samples are to be furnished after the date of bid opening only upon request of the City unless otherwise stated in the bid proposal. If samples should be requested, such samples must be received by the City no later than seven (7) days after the formal request is made.
14. Variations from Specifications: For purposes of evaluation, bidder must indicate any variances from our specifications, terms and/or conditions, no matter how slight. If variations are not stated in the bid, it will be assumed that the product or service fully complies with our specifications, terms and conditions.
15. Award of all tie bids will be decided by the Parks and Recreation Committee and the Fairview Heights City Council.
16. Reservation for Rejection and Award: The City of Fairview Heights reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids or parts of bids, to waive irregularities and technicalities, and to request rebids on the required materials. The City also reserves the right to award the contract on such material as the City deems will best serve its interests. It further reserves the right to award the contract on a split order basis, lump sum, or individual item basis, or such combination as shall serve the interest of the City, unless otherwise stated. The City also reserves the right to waive minor variations to specifications (interpretation of minor variances will be made by applicable City department personnel).
ALL BIDDERS MUST FURNISH UNIT PRICES WITH EXTENDED TOTALS (WHERE APPLICABLE) AND TOTAL SUM OF BID. IN THE EVENT OF CONFLICT BETWEEN UNIT PRICE AND TOTAL, THE UNIT PRICE WILL BE USED TO DETERMINE THE SUCCESSFUL BIDDER.
17. Time for Receiving Bids: The time for receiving bids at the Fairview Heights City Hall 10025 Bunkum Road, Fairview Heights, IL 62208 is as specified on the “Notice to Bid”. Bidders are cautioned to allow ample time for transmittal of bids by mail or otherwise. If a bid is mailed, bidders should secure correct information relative to the probable time of arrival and distribution of mail at the place where bids are to be received, and make due allowances for possible delays.
18. Withdrawal of Bids: Bids may be withdrawn only on written notice submitted before the time specified for receiving bids and not thereafter. No bid may be withdrawn for a period of thirty (30) days after the time for receiving bids has past.
19. Award of Contract or Purchase Order; Rejection of Bids: Award of Contract or Purchase Order; Rejection of Bids; Termination of Contract: A contract or purchase order will be awarded to the lowest qualified bidder who, in the opinion of the City, is most responsible and capable of completing the project as determined by evaluation of the documents submitted in the bid. The City, however, reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive all information in bids received whenever such rejection or waiver is in its best interest. The contract awarded to any such bidder (contractor) may be terminated at the convenience of the City and without cause upon seven (7) days written notice to the contractor. In the event that such termination is not the fault of the contractor, the contractor shall be compensated for services performed prior to such termination. However, contractor shall not be entitled to payment or compensation of any kind from the City for any alleged damages, costs or expenses whatsoever, including, but not limited to, costs of acceleration, arising in any manner because of hindrance or delay from any cause whatsoever, whether such hindrance or delays are reasonable, foreseeable or avoidable. The contractor shall not be entitled to recover from the City and hereby waives all rights which it or its subcontractors or any other person may otherwise have to recovery, any costs, expenses and damages or any nature which it, or its subcontractors or any other person, may suffer by reason of delay in the performance of the work, or any portion thereof.
20. Inquiries: Any inquiries regarding this equipment may be directed to the Director of Parks and Recreation, Angela Beaston at (618) 489-2040 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
21. Feature Requirements: The vendor should respond concerning the ability to satisfy each feature requirement as specified.
22. Maintenance/Service: Vendor should specify maintenance/service policies and procedures for all supplied products. In addition, this should indicate the number and location of all maintenance/service personnel, as well as the response time. Cost for each maintenance and/or support plan should be specified.
A. Interest of Members of Congress: No member of or delegate to the Congress of the United States of America or Resident Commissioner shall be admitted to share any or part of any contract or purchase order issued as a result of this bidding process or to any benefit to arise there from, but this provision shall not be considered to extend to any contract or purchase order if made with a corporation for its general benefit.
B. Interest of Members, Officers, or Employees, and Former Members, Officers, or Employees: No member, officer, or employee of the County, Municipality, or the government body of the locality in which the activity is situated, and no other public official of such locality or localities who exercises any functions or responsibilities with respect to the activity shall, during his tenure, or for one year thereafter, have any interest, directly or indirectly, in any contract or purchase order issued as a result of this bidding process or the proceeds thereof.
C. Equal Employment Opportunity: Any vendor accepting a purchase order or executing a contract with the City of Fairview Heights as a result of this bidding process shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or handicapped status. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: employment, upgrading, demotion or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training, including apprenticeship. The vendor shall post in conspicuous places, available to employees and applicants for employment, notices to be provided by the Government setting further the provisions of this nondiscrimination clause. The vendor shall state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or handicapped status. The vendor shall incorporate the foregoing requirements of this paragraph by reference in all of its subcontract for any work performed or supplies delivered under the terms and conditions of any purchase order or contract executed between the City and the successful bidder. A breach of this provision may be grounds for termination of any contracts or purchase orders issued and may result in removal of the offending bidder from the City’s list of qualified bidders.
CITY OF FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
COMPACT TRACK LOADER
Selection of equipment will be based on performance and will require testing at the City’s maintenance facility. Vendors will be required to demonstrate their equipment prior to selection.
All equipment is to be new, not refurbished or rebuilt.
The minimum requirements are as follows:
- Cab unit shall be ROP/FOP certified
- Cab unit shall be equipped with factory installed heater and air conditioning
- Machine shall have air ride seat
- Machine shall have electrically operated joystick controls
- Unit shall be equipped with rubber tracks
- Rubber track minimum width 15.7 in.
- Minimum Gross HP 74
- Minimum lift capacity 2570 lbs. with counterweight included
- Minimum hinge pin height 121 in.
- 2 Speed Control
- High Flow Hydraulics
- Minimum Hydraulic Pressure 3300 Psi
- Machine shall have electronic quick coupler system for attachments
- Machine shall have 80 inch bucket with teeth
- 10 Ft snow pusher
The City of Fairview Heights will be trading in the following piece of equipment:
John Deere Wheel Loader 8875
with a 900 Pro John Deere Backhoe attachment
2120 Hours of Service
Delivery shall me made within 60 days of the date of the award, to the City of Fairview Heights, Maintenance Facility, 550 Wilcox Street, Fairview Heights, IL. Price shall be FOB Destination, Freight Prepaid. Any damage to the equipment or a part thereof, during shipment and/or delivery will be the responsibility of the vendor.
Warranty shall cover structural defects, engine, and hydraulic system at no additional cost. Include all warranty information with the bid proposal.
Documentation to be included upon delivery of equipment:
- Operations Manual
- Maintenance Manual
- Parts Manual
- Shop Manual for all equipment and components
Vendor shall provide training at no additional cost to the City of Fairview Heights.
BID PROPOSAL FORM
CITY OF FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
COMPACT TRACK LOADER
A) Having carefully reviewed the specifications attached, the undersigned proposes to supply to the City of Fairview Heights, Illinois One complete Compact Track Loader including bucket attachment, snow pusher, and trade in for the total amount __________________________________________________DOLLARS($____________________).
This Proposal shall remain in effect for forty-five days.
B) Description of proposed equipment:
C) Total bid price with options and trade in in allowance should be listed below:
D) Approximate deliver (number of weeks) _________________________________________
The undersigned agrees that he/she, on behalf of the bidder, has read the bid proposal documents, instruction to bidders, and the bid specifications and agrees to the terms and conditions set forth therein.
Bidder further agrees no officer, agent, or employee of the City is directly or indirectly interested in this bid.
The City anticipates making the award by City Council on August 19, 2014:
FIRM NAME:____________________________ ADDRESS: ______________________________
TITLE: ________________________________ PHONE: ______________________________
FAX NUMBER: ___________________________
E-MAIL ADDRESS: _________________________